Association for the Prevention and Control of Rabies in India (APCRI) is the pioneer organisation established to serve as a glimmer of hope for the control of the Rabies situation in India. APCRI was founded on Friday the 17th of April, 1998 by a group of 17 committed and dedicated rabies professionals at a meeting in Bangkok, Thailand. Since then APCRI has evolved in to a national establishment that is leading the war against Rabies in the country.
Comprised of Medical Professionals, Veterinary Doctors and Public Health Persons, APCRI serves as a platform that brings together the best minds in the country for Advocacy, Research and Information dissemination in the field of Rabies.
Founders of APCRI
The Association for Prevention and Control of Rabies in India (APCRI) was founded on Friday 17th April 1998 by this group of 17 committed and dedicated rabies professionals at a meeting in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Dr. P. K. Das, Agartala , Tripura
- Dr. M . K . Sudarshan, Bangalore
- Dr. Amlan Goswami, Calcutta
- Dr . Tapan Kumar Ghosh, Calcutta
- Dr. B.B. Patnaik, Cuttack
- Dr. P. Sangram, Hyderabad
- Dr. A .K . Chakraborty, New Delhi
- Dr. S. Kukreja, New Delhi
- Dr. G, P. Shahi, Gorakpur
- Dr.M. N.Siddiqui, Lucknow
- Dr. Hariom Agarwa, Agra
- Dr. M. C. Dutt,a Guwahati
- Dr. K. N. Patni, Aligarh
- Dr. S. P. Marfatia, Mumbai
- Dr. G, Sampath, Hyderabad
- Dr. A. K. Dutta, Delhi
- Dr. N.B.Saxsena, Agra